Thursday 28 August 2014

Shoecide


...So my good friend went on a short trip and as always I knew she will come back bearing gifts. I have never been a part of her shopping activities but this time around it was different, thanks to technology. Every once in a while as I was at the office working, she will sent me a picture of something and ask if i like it? If i did, she will add to her cart. I was always happy every time I had one of those text, in fact at some point i knew exactly what i was getting and how many too.

In one of those conversations,
she sent me a picture of a gorgeous pair of heels. It was a high heeled ankle shoe with a zipper.I told her I loved it! 15 Minutes later she told me that she couldn't get the shoe in my size and that what was available was 1 size smaller. I had already fallen in love with the shoe and even thought of  where to take them to so there was no backing down now. I told her to get them anyway and that it will fit.


Some weeks passed and I finally received my goody bag. I spent time trying on the clothes and then the shoes and then "the shoe" i fell in love with. They were prettier in hand than in the photos, they were absolutely divine!! I tried them on but was with great difficulty. In fact it took me three times the usual time it was take you to slip on a shoe and zip it up. I was drenched in sweat by the time i finished with the pair, my feet were in at last and that was the most important thing. I told myself it will open with time, I did a few catwalks, took it off and later stuffed it with rags. I put it away nicely and waited for that special occasion to "debut" my new pair of heels.


I had waited a long time(with that i mean a month) without any event to rock my heels. I decided to wear them to church just to have a feel of them. It still felt tight but I was determined to wear it at all cost. I was early than usual to church, I stood throughout praise and worship but didn't dance much because by then my feet had started hurting. I told myself it will get better with time. I lied! It felt worse and by the time the preacher mounted the podium, my feet and ankle were throbbing. At a point I couldn't even feel my legs anymore, I was numb from my ankle down to my toes. Couldn't tell which hurt more, my toes or my ankle. I contemplated taking off my shoes but when I remembered how difficult it was putting it on, I shunned the idea. I also remembered the rule about taking off very tight shoe. Once it comes off it can never go back on immediately because it is only at that point that you accept that your feet are actually bigger than the shoe and the pain you feel makes you hesitant about repeating that same action. Plus your feet might be very sore too. I wasn't prepared to walk bare footed all the way from the auditorium to the car park so I kept my shoes on and suffered in silence. What the preacher said or didn't say? I did not hear! Only kept praying the service will soon come to an end!

Finally it did! The walk to the car was the longest walk ever! (if I can even call it a walk) I spoke to no one, no "Hello's" or "Hi". My only mission was to get to the car! You can imagine the relief I felt when the shoes finally came off. Had to hold still for 10 minutes for blood to flow back into my legs. Don't think I can ever bring myself to wear that shoe again but knowing me I sure will soon as I forget the ordeal but for now it remains on the shoe rack. Lesson well learnt! *exceptifyoudon'tintendwearingashoewhichisn'tyourownsizeneverbuyit*

No comments:

Post a Comment